$65,000 – $75,000, with a tax season bonus, and other great perks and benefits.
Who we are
We are a boutique CPA firm that works virtually with small business owners all over the US to prepare tax returns, streamline bookkeeping systems, and provide general tax/bookkeeping consulting. As our client list has continued to grow, it’s necessary to build a team that will support the continued growth of our firm and our creative small business owner clientele.
We are seeking an experienced tax professional to work with our firm full time. This is a great opportunity for those looking to make a real impact at a small firm. We offer unique benefits, like a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home 100% of the time.
- Prepares and reviews individual returns primarily with Schedule C’s, Schedule E’s, multi-state and home offices ensuring quality and accuracy
- Prepares and reviews partnership and S-corp returns ensuring quality and accuracy
- Reconcile’s accounts and provide clients with P&L report, balance sheet, and insight on the financial health of their business
- Performs tax research and tax projections as requested
- Meets all deadlines regarding tax return reviews and projects
- Clearly communicates directly (virtually via email, phone, or video chat) with clients on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Five or more years of experience in public accounting
- Individual, partnership and S-corp return preparation experience
- Strong accounting software and Excel skills. Drake tax software experience preferred
- Must be organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work increased hours from the last week of January – Tax Day
- Ability to build a client relationship beyond the numbers. Our clients love us because we take time to learn about them and we care about the success of their business
- Ability to break down complex accounting topics into easy to understand information and examples
- Foster an environment of open, honest, and timely communication
- Comfortable working in a remote and paperless environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong tax reasearching skills
- QuickBooks experience required, WaveApps and Xero experience a plus
- Ability to observe and understand business processes, ensuring complete and accurate documentation
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Team Member Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Summer hours. We work extended hours during tax season so that we can enjoy an extra day off during the summer
- Technology stipend to cover home office expenses
- Education stipend to learn a new accounting skill or to fulfill your CPE requirements
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- View a more comprehensive list of our benefits here.
Please complete the form and link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear why you feel this job would be a great fit for you.