$40,000, plus perks and benefits.
Who we are
We are a boutique CPA firm that works virtually with small business owners all over the US to prepare tax returns, streamline bookkeeping systems, and provide general tax/bookkeeping consulting. As our client list has continued to grow, it’s necessary to build a team that will support the continued growth of our firm and our creative small business owner clientele.
We are seeking a bookkeeping professional to work with our firm full time. This is a great opportunity for those looking to make a real impact at a small firm. We offer unique benefits, like a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home 100% of the time.
- Reconcile accounts and provide clients with P&L report, balance sheet, and insight on the financial health of their business
- Manage cash accounts and maintain a reliable cash flow projection process
- Perform monthly and year-end close procedures
- Meet all deadlines regarding bookkeeping projects
- Clearly communicate directly (virtually via email, phone, or video chat) with clients, Partners, and team leader on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting focus preferred
- Two or more years of experience with small business bookkeeping
- Strong accounting software and Excel skills
- Must be organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work increased hours from the last week of January – Tax Day
- Ability to build a client relationship beyond the numbers. Our clients love us because we take the time to learn about them and we care about the success of their business.
- Ability to break down complex accounting topics into easy to understand information and examples
- Certified Public Accountant
- Enrolled Agent
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Xero Advisor Certified
- Foster an environment of open, honest, and timely communication
- Comfortable working in a remote and paperless environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- QuickBooks experience required
- WaveApps and Xero experience preferred
- Ability to observe and understand business processes, ensuring complete and accurate documentation
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Team Member Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Summer hours. We work extended hours during tax season so that we can enjoy extra days off during the summer.
- Home office stipend to cover home office expenses
- Professional development stipend to learn a new accounting skill or to fulfill your CPE requirements
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- View a more comprehensive list of our benefits here.
Please complete the form and link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear why you feel this job would be a great fit for you.