Ever tried to call the Experian about your credit report or managing a freeze?
I’m going to guess it wasn’t a pleasant experience. While Experian staff are always helpful, there just don’t seem to be enough of them.
Over the years I’ve had to call Experian more than a handful of time to unfreeze my credit, and I’d love to teach you how I have been able to talk to a real human at Experian without waiting on hold forever.
When to call
Experian representatives are available from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday in your respective time zone.
Make sure you’re prepared
Before you call, make sure you have all of the information that you need.
- Your Social Secuirty Number
- Your Experian Secuirty Freeze PIN Number
- A copy of your credit report and any specific details you would like to discuss on the call.
- To obtain your credit reports from all three credit bureaus, go to Annualcreditreport.com.
- Any letters or notices the Experian has sent you
How do you speak to a live person at Experian?
- The Experian telephone number is 1-800-493-1058.
- The first question the automated system will ask you for your social security number.
- When prompted, choose option 2 for general questions about your credit.
- Next, press 1 for “questions about your credit report”.
- Next, press 1 again for “questions about your credit report.”
- Next, press 1 and you will be directed to an Experian representative.
Experian also provides service via their website. You can create an account and manage your credit report and freezes at Experian.com.