We have filled this position, however, we are accepting applications for future job opportunities. We will contact any applicants when a new opportunity becomes available.
Competitive, based on experience
Who we are
We are a boutique CPA firm who works virtually with small business owners all over the US to prepare tax returns, streamline bookkeeping systems, and provide general tax/bookkeeping consulting. As our client list has continued to grow, it’s necessary to build a team that will support the continued growth of our firm and our creative small business owner clientele.
We are seeking a tax and bookkeeping professional to work with our firm full time. This is a great opportunity for those looking to make a real impact at a small firm. We offer unique benefits, like a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home 100% of the time.
- Prepares individual returns primarily with Schedule C’s, Schedule E’s, multi-state and home offices ensuring quality and accuracy
- Prepares partnership and S-corp returns ensuring quality and accuracy
- Reconcile’s accounts and provide clients with P&L report, balance sheet, and insight on the financial health of their business
- Meets all deadlines regarding tax return preparation and bookkeeping projects
- Clearly communicates directly (virtually via email, phone, or video chat) with clients and Partners on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- One to three years of experience in public accounting
- Two or more years of experience with small business bookkeeping
- Strong accounting software and Excel skills
- Must be organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work increased hours from the last week of January – Tax Day
- Ability to build a client relationship beyond the numbers. Our clients love us because we take time to learn about them and we care about the success of their business
- Ability to break down complex accounting topics into easy to understand information and examples
- Certified Public Accountant
- Enrolled Agent
- QuickBook ProAdvisor
- Xero Advisor Certified
- Foster an environment of open, honest, and timely communication
- Comfortable working in a remote and paperless environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- QuickBooks, WaveApps, and Xero experience
- Ability to observe and understand business processes, ensuring complete and accurate documentation
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Team Member Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Summer hours. We work extended hours during tax season so that we can enjoy an extra day off during the summer
- Technology stipend to cover home office expenses
- Education stipend to learn a new accounting skill or to fulfill your CPE requirements
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- View a more comprehensive list of our benefits here.
Please complete the form and link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear why you feel this job would be a great fit for you.